Fixing Terminal

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 12:00:39 UTC 2010

> On Lucid, which I started with the first Alpha, grew a purple
> background and looked like a Mac. I was not happy and then found
> System-Preferences-Appearance. There I was able to kill the purple
> background and make it brown again. But the Terminal still had a purple
> background with yellow letters.

> The main problem was that the purple background was not solid! I
> could see things on my computer through the background and this was
> distracting when trying to write a g++ source code. But I kept looking
> and then tried what the terminal preference suggested and I was able to
> get a white background with white letters just like it used to be. The
> white background is not a see through.

This Apple-bashing cannot be but the manifestation of Apple-envy...

The Apple terminal is black on white. You are confusing the similarity
of Lucid's desktop background to that of OS X with Lucid's default
gnome-terminal settings when upgrading from Karmic (AFAIR, a clean
install is dark grey on white).