Installing a printer

Karl Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 12:16:22 UTC 2010

On 03/16/2010 06:43 PM, Keith Clark wrote:
> I have a Star TSP600 thermal printer with a ppd file and it is connected
> to a Serial to USB converter which is picked up on ttyUSB0.
>
> I don't know where to go from here to get it installed and working.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Keith

     I checked and Lucid 10.04 printing does not include the Star
TPS600. But it does list 5 other Star models so you might have luck
trying those. Then you can use the normal System-Administration-Printers
system. I have an old Brother laser printer which to my great surprise
can use a USB cable. It works fine on this computer.

73 Karl