sudo password

Florian Diesch diesch at spamfence.net
Tue Mar 23 20:53:15 UTC 2010

Dave Howorth <dhoworth at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk> writes:

> When I use sudo I'd like to use a different password to the one I logged
> in with. I see that I could configure /etc/sudoers so that I used root's
> password but I buy into the ubuntu argument that it's better not to have
> the root account enabled.

The root account *is* enabled in Ubuntu, only password authentication
for root is disabled. Instead you use sudo to log into the root account.

> So is there some way to configure a different password?

It should be possible using PAM
<http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/>, but I don't know any
specific guide to do this.

   Florian
--
GUIs programmieren mit Python und Glade:
<http://www.florian-diesch.de/doc/python-und-glade/>