ubuntu sound is low in VoIP. Using ALSA drivers tried several PCs with integrated sound.

David Taveras d3taveras38d3 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 01:26:01 UTC 2010

hey guys... i have sound from my integrated sound card.. but when
doing voip.. the sound is very low, and people also hear me VERY
low... i went into the preferences and put the sound to the maximum
but no luck. Is there anything else i can do on the OS level?

The softphones I have tested have been twinkle and ekiga. The headsets
tested are all analogue. The odd thing is skype works crystal clear.

I assume skype uses the same driver?

David