Antivirus and anti spam for ubuntu desktop

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 20:22:20 UTC 2010

>> I am thinking of going to Debian, the Novell or to Fedora.  I was told that
>> they were very secure.
>
> Yes, they told you the truth, they are just about as secure as Ubuntu is.

Actually, Fedora comes with SELinux. Not that it would have helped the
OP, but it is a definite improvement over AppArmour.

>> I think that I will set up a solid state drive with a LINUX OS and
>> check the alerts that way.
>
> And the difference being... ?

There are no moving parts. Therefore, the viruses have no surface on
which to establish a biofilm.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com
http://what-is-what.com

Please CC me if you want to be sure that I read your message. I do not
read all list mail.