Option to use /dev values instead of UUID values

Amedee Van Gasse (ub) amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be
Mon Mar 15 18:14:03 UTC 2010

On Mon, March 15, 2010 18:23, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> It would be helpful if you gave your reasons for wanting this feature.
>>

> I often have several bootable partitions, and if I have to edit fstab
> by hand it is easier if the /dev values are used.

What is your definition of "easier"?
* that you don't need an external program to lookup the relation between
UUID and device?
* that a UUID is longer and harder to remember?
* something else?

Personally I prefer labels for my own systems, but I prefer to manage them
manually. I skip the Ubuntu partitioning tools. I realize that I am not an
"average" user.