error instaling Virtualbox update

Fred Roller fred at fwrgallery.com
Mon Mar 15 01:28:51 UTC 2010

Rev. Melissa Lane wrote:
> Still a noob and getting frustrated daily! I tried to update
> virtualbox today and received an error that says error processing the
> install file /temp/virtualbox-3.1_3.1.4-57640_ubuntu karmic_i386.deb
> (--install) I saved a screenshot of the entire error if anyone can
> help. I also havent been able to use virtualbox for awhile either.

Could you be kind enough to type the whole error message.  If you
haven't been able to use Virtualbox for a while then the issue is not
likely the updating.  Do you get any errors while trying to run
virtualbox?  If none pop up then try running from command line:

Open a terminal

    Applications --> Accessories --> Terminal

Once a terminal opens you should see something like:

    froller at metis:~$

Type the following command:

    virtualbox

which is the same as the menu command.  If the command fails then it
should have error messages in the Terminal window.  Highlight,
right-click, copy these error(s) and post here.  We can dig deeper into
logs later if this yields nothing.

And Liam is correct about the logo.  It creates a fair amount of
unnecessary bandwidth.  Thanx.

--
Fred
www.fwrgallery.com

"Life is like linux, simple.  If you are fighting it you are doing something wrong."