I installed Ubuntu 9.10 to replace windows XP, my hard drive crashed

william drescher william at TechServSys.com
Sun Mar 14 11:25:11 UTC 2010

On 3/14/2010 12:04 AM, Bob wrote:
> I have 512mb of ram and 100gb of harddrive, I tried to reinstall windows
> XP with my recovery discs but it will not run, I get the error message
> "invalid partition table" . I would prefer running Ubuntu but if I can't
> I need this cpu for the basic use. Can anyone help me? bob
>

> --

If you installed Ubuntu (or any *nix) on a disk you will not be
able to return to XP with a recovery disk.

You need to either stay with Ubuntu, or do a fresh install of XP.

What problem did you have with the Ubuntu install ?

BTW, you did not have a hard disk crash, which is a hardware
problem.  You have a simple software problem, each OS formats the
disk differently.

bill