Something is wrong with my PC?

Jim Kvarnberg jimkvg at 3web.com
Thu Mar 11 20:32:23 UTC 2010

Thank you for the reply to my email.

I need to make my statement more clearly. When my PC was running Ubuntu
9.10 straight from the Live CD, the mouse was grabbing perfectly ... no
problem at all. When it was running the installed os straight from the
hard drive, the mouse wasn't grabbing everything on the screen. It did
highlighted some words. The mouse icon did moved around on the screen as
I moved the mouse around on a surface. Left button on the mouse seemed
not to work properly. I hope this rings a bell. Jim

In my response to this message:
Message: 5 Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 15:07:34 -0500 From: Scott Hayes
<scott.hayes at sympatico.ca> Subject: Re: Something is wrong with my PC?
To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions"
<ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> Message-ID:
<BLU0-SMTP34C936E35782DB2A61676E86330 at phx.gbl> Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="utf-8" If upon running the live CD your mouse is not
"grabbing", then you can safely assume that this is NOT a hardware
issue. This has to be a configuration issue. Have you tried to
re-configure the mouse?