Advice on set up/maintain Launchpad PPAs

Andrew Farris flyindragon1 at aol.com
Thu Mar 11 07:38:52 UTC 2010

Hey all,

This may not be the best place to ask, but does anybody here have
experience setting up/maintaining PPAs on Launchpad?

I'm trying to set up a personal PPA right now to start uploading
packages I've been creating so that others can benefit... I've been
reading lots of documentation, such as:
https://help.launchpad.net/Packaging/PPA/Uploading
https://help.launchpad.net/Packaging/PPA/BuildingASourcePackage
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide
etc...
but everything I've been reading is a little overwhelming, and mostly
applies to uploading packages that require building from source... I,
OTOH, am probably only going to be uploading Python programs... What I
could really use right now is some pointers from somebody who's used
Launchpad's PPA service before to help me get started.

Any other help, is also appreciated. Thanks!

--
Andrew