KDE session slow

epomerantz at gmail.com epomerantz at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 03:53:26 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I have an Acer Aspire One (AOA-150)  In all the system runs very quickly (forget XP, takes 3 minutes to load anything on it, Ubuntu runs circles around it). The only issue I am having with it is that When I am in the KDE session, especially when opening either dolphin or firefox, it takes a long time to load and stalls the whole system.  I have taken notice that the hard drive LED flashes a lot when this happens. I also have a Gnome and Xfce which are running flawlessly. Is there a way I can boost the speed?