How to record very faint sound from the analogue input?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 20:57:47 UTC 2010

On 8 March 2010 04:28, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On 03/07/2010 01:31 AM, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>>> That's not what I meant. You can adjust the pulseaudio manager
>>> input/output streams well past 100%, up to 480%; It's not done on your
>>> normal volume applet.
>>>

>> I don't seem to have to have such a Pulse Audio manager, nor can I
>> find one searching for "pulse" in aptitude. What is the name of the
>> executable? Thanks!
>>

> sudo apt-get padevchooser

There is an easy exercise for the reader in there!

I am familiar with the Volume Control panel that I can open from that
tool, however, it only goes up to 100% on my system. That (and the
different name) is why I suspected that it is not the same tool as the
GP suggested.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com
http://what-is-what.com

Please CC me if you want to be sure that I read your message. I do not
read all list mail.