How to disable a Ram Swap permanently

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Sun Mar 7 14:28:23 UTC 2010

Lawrence,

Lawrence Tsang wrote:

>      However, using "swapon -s", it still tells me that my Swap
> Partition has a priority of -1.
>
>      Does this negative priority hurt? I could see that while my 2G
> on-board ram has a 1.6G utilization, my 2G Swap Partition only takes up
> about 10M. Does this negative priority let my system use less swap space?

The priority only matters when you have more than one swap area. Have a
look at http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/jaunty/man2/swapon.2.html

Also, it looks like your system hardly needs any swap space at all,
which is usually a good thing.

Regards,
Tony.
--
Tony Arnold,                        Tel: +44 (0) 161 275 6093
Head of IT Security,                Fax: +44 (0) 870 136 1004
Manchester M13 9PL.                 Email: tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk