Using printer from VM

Hakan Koseoglu hakan at koseoglu.org
Sun Mar 7 11:21:51 UTC 2010

On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Alan Duval <amoht at westnet.com.au> wrote:
> I have installed WIN XP in VM but would like to be able to access my
> printer from it.
> I believe one has to set this up as if on a network. I tried this some
> months ago but got nowhere as I've never had anything to do with networks.
> Could someone give me step by step instructions how to do this -
> including what to type in the various screens?
On my crappy old Lucid laptop, System -> Administration -> Printing ->
Tick the box for publish shared printers connected to this system &
allow printing form the Internet (I think that should turn on IPP
support, if your drivers support it), if it pops up a window about
firewall settings, follow the instructions.