10.04: min/max/close buttons

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 21:01:51 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 2:06 PM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've noticed that the Ubuntu 10.04 screenshots show the GTK window
> chrome min/mix/close buttons on the left instead of the right.

I think that button placement should be user configurable, and if you
poll X number of people you will get X+2 opinions which way is the
right way.

I work on OSX, Win and Linux most days, and I don't think either way
is inherently better - it just should be mutable for the people that
feel it matters to them.

I wouldn't take it up on the dev list - I'm sure there's quite a few
people expressing opinions there both ways there already.

You know, letting the user decide stuff like this was one of the
reasons I started using linux way back when. Why lately does everybody
have this 'there's only one true way to do things' attitude going?
Please don't take this personally Dotan, I'm certain you have a
preference, and it does make a difference to you, but I'm equally sure
there are others on the opposite side of the discussion.

You're like all those delusional Emacs users out there </ducks>

:-)

Brian
--
Hey, it's your computer.... isn't it?