Something is wrong with my PC?

Jim Kvarnberg jimkvg at 3web.com
Thu Mar 4 14:17:09 UTC 2010

Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 06:46:18 +0100 From: Knapp <magick.crow at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Something is wrong with my PC? To: "Ubuntu user technical
support, not for general discussions" <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
Christopher Chan <christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:

> > Nope...but you might want to try updating to the latest BIOS for your
> > board...

> > USB mouse?

How old and/or dirty is the mouse? Sometimes they get dirty and the
button with have some dust so that it works sometimes and not others.

-- Douglas E Knapp Thank you Douglas. The wireless unit with mouse and
keyboard is new and not dirty. Recently I changed batteries inside the
mouse. It worked ok in Ubuntu 8.04 but not in 9.04 and 9.10. It also
won't work in Windows XP to my puzzle. Maybe it is BIOS????? I'll check
it. Jim