Something is wrong with my PC?

Jim Kvarnberg jimkvg at 3web.com
Thu Mar 4 04:55:19 UTC 2010

I installed, uninstalled and re-installed Ubuntu 9.04, Ubuntu 9.10,
Ubuntu 10.04 and Windows XP Pro again and again because the mouse won't
catch when being clicked.  When the OS was freshly booted up, it worked
ok and then a moment later, it quitted working.  Then I tried Ubuntu
8.04 and the mouse worked!  Does this ring a bell?
My PC is home assembled with ASUS M2N-MX SE PLUS motherboard, AMD Athlon
64 X2 CPU. 4 gb ram and 320 gb SATA hard drive.  Me an old dog
struggling to learn a new trick.  I love Ubuntu, but I think I am losing
my interest in it due to too much problems even Windows XP.  That
frustrated me.  Any explanation or tips for solution to the mouse
problem will be greatly appreciated. Which motherboard is best for
running the Linux based OS?   Thank you.  Jim