OEM hard disk replication

Chadley Wilson chadleyw at pinnacle.co.za
Wed Mar 3 09:14:02 UTC 2010

[Snip]
> Not ram...
> I will have to go write down the error...
>
> Will get back to you...

[>] Hi All,

Christopher was right but not in sense that we thought, it turns we have a mixed batch of memory modules.
The model numbers are the same but not the revisions. Now for reasons beyond my abilities to explain, the Ubuntu coupled with the BIOS has a problem with this.

I sent through the report to MSi and they have given us a new bios rom which has solved the problem.

Thanks you to all for your help, I have seen that even guys like myself who work professionally with all OS's sometime come up short with a simple problem.

To everyone else out there keep slogging with Linux, it will probably never overtake the likes of Mac and MS on all fronts. But the learning curve you go through at an operating system level is by far greater than most PC techs will ever go through.
As Linux users you can be proud because you are a huge cut above any other technician. And we can be proud that out mailing lists actaully work.
And remember in Linux you don't learn what buttons to push like our fellow MS techies. In Linux we the why how when and what. We understand our OS. Knowledge is power

Cheers

Pinnacle Technology Holdings E-Mail Disclaimer:

This e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Pinnacle Technology Holdings any of it's divisions or affiliates. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of it is strictly prohibited.