Ubuntu 9.04 and BBC Iplayer

Dave Woyciesjes woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 2 18:25:02 UTC 2010

Andrew wrote:
> I'm trying to run BBC Iplayer with Ubuntu 9.04 and keep being told to
> upgrade my flash to 9.0.115 or higher. However, when I try to download
> and install the latest version from the Adobe website I get the message
> that the Adobe flash plugin is already installed - I've also tried it
> from the command line using 'apt-get update' and 'apt-get install
> adobe-flashplugin' but to no avail - it simply will not allow me to use
> the iplayer. Has anybody else found a solution to this frustrating
> problem please?
>
> Andy

	This is probably partially due to the BBC going and changing things for
the IPlayer recently:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/02/24/iplayer_xbmc_adobe_swf_verification/
...and it doesn't look like they are going to change it back:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/03/01/no_bbc_trust_probe_iplayer_swf_verification/

	I haven't seen/heard any details yet, though, as to any exact
implications for Linux users....

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818