Installing Kbuntu on 9.10

Bob bob at theoriginalgrassmasters.com
Tue Mar 2 14:18:07 UTC 2010

I need help!

For ease of use I have been trying to install Kbuntu gui on my server 9.10.
I have installed and uninstalled and reinstalled a few times and continue to get a couple of errors.

configuration file /home/bob/.kde/share/config/knotifyrc not writeable

kstartupconfig4 does not exist or fails the error code is 3

I'm new to both the home server world as well as ubuntu so any help would be much appreciated.

I'm trying to use this server to auto backup the pc in my home as well as making a media server.

If this is not the right place to post I apologize as I tried to login to the forums and I told my address is not recognized.

Thanks,
Bob