Shell script problem

Vijay Shanker Dubey vijay.shad at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 08:49:00 UTC 2010

> By the way, Vijay.  To get your scrip to actually join files, you do not
> need the last fiddly loop.  Take it out and put in this:

:(

> joinCommand="mencoder -oac copy -ovc copy -o"
>
> #add output file name
> joinCommand="$joinCommand $OUTPUT_FILE_NAME"
>
> # append files
> joinCommand="$joinCommand ${FILES[@]}"

WOW great to see this. I was not aware of this.   Thanks man.. I was not
able to use that script as that loop was not working in my case. It was only
adding first file in the final command.

# Tell us what you are doing
> echo "Going to execute command $joinCommand"

Just  a  message. nothing else. A notification before actual starts.
actually it means nothing During the testing time of my script. I just
wanted to see if the command is prepared well. That is it. :)

> #do it
> $joinCommand

> Obviously this could all be done in one step:
> joinCommand="$joinCommand $OUTPUT_FILE_NAME ${FILES[@]}"

Thanks man. Finally got my script working.

> Interesting script.  Thanks for the "lesson."

It was a lesson for me too. As it was my only second script. learned a lot.