A Plethora of problems with Karmic 9.10 upgrade

user1 bqz69 at telia.com
Tue Mar 2 08:02:20 UTC 2010

On Mon, 01 Mar 2010 22:06:24 +0200, Rafiq Hajat wrote:

> Dear Friends,
> I must confess utter dismay and despondency at the slew of trials and
> tribulations visited upon my hapless head brought about by the innocent
> action of updating my system. The woes are as follows:

:-)  I have tried to upgrade several versions of earlier versions of
ubuntu, and I always got too many problems, so I ended up New Installing.

Probably because I during my use, install and change things which is not
default.

When following this list, I from time to time see other people who have
various kinds of problem from upgrading.

But alas, whether one new install or upgrade one will probably always
meet some problems which needs to be solved - and upgrading I suppose is
intended to be the easier way for newbies?