HOW DO YOU PERFORM DISK CLEANUP AND DE FRAGMENT

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 15:17:47 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 3:47 PM, Amedee Van Gasse (ub)
<amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be> wrote:
> On Mon, March 1, 2010 11:47, Knapp wrote:
>
>> That man page really does not answer my questions but it is a good
>> step in the right direction.
>
> Oh ok, I'm sorry.
> Could you rephrase your question? I'm afraid that I didn't understand you
> very well. Must be a manguage issue, i'm not a native speaker.

No problem, I guess what I really want to know is why that check is
needed and what it is checking. I can understand needing it, in the
case of a power failure or software crash but why every 30 boots? It
is disk maintenance as is the MS defrag in and this way I see it all
being the same thing in the end from the users perspective.

--
Douglas E Knapp

Open Source Sci-Fi mmoRPG Game project.