Latest Firefox 3.6.6 - I don't like it...

Robert Holtzman holtzm at cox.net
Wed Jun 30 22:05:37 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 04:20:01PM +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:
> I had a perfectly working combination of Thunderbird and Firefox whereby
> clicking on an URL link in TB would bring up that link in
> Firefox......until this latest version, 3.6.6, installed earlier today
> :-) . That nice link has now been destroyed.
>
> FF is my default browser, its path is written correctly in its
> preferences (and it starts OK using this path on a command line), the
> config file for TB hasn't been altered....
>
> Anyone else suffering this annoyance following the upgrade of FF?

Yup. Upgraded from FF 3.0.x to 3.6.6 (some jump, huh?) and suddenly
couldn't bring up FF from a URL in Mutt. Ran a few searches and found the
fix was to add "export BROWSER=/usr/bin/firefox" to my ~/.bashrc file.
After I verified that it worked I commented it out, rebooted, and saw
the same problem. Uncommented the entry and everything was fine.

--
Bob Holtzman
Key ID: 8D549279