XML editor?

stan stanb at panix.com
Wed Jun 30 19:09:58 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 04:36:33PM +0200, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
> 2010/6/30 stan <stanb at panix.com>:
> > I am looking for recomendations on an XML aware editor to use. What are
> > people uisng?
>
> What are you looking for? What do you mean by ???XML aware???? Do you mean
> that the editor should just recognize XML and not much more than that?
> In that case I guess most text editors should do the job, even gedit.

Well, I was not specific, beacuse I am not certain, what I want.

I am failry  confrtable  with vi, but editing XML files in it requires that
you be careful to match up start and end tags etc. I was hoping that, since
XML is becoming very common now. Someone would hav written a nice tool,
specifically for dealing with it. I cna think of some things thta moght be
nice in such a tool, but I don't know for certain that they would be.

How about understnading start and end tags, CSS knowledge... ?