Controlling brightness of an LCD monitor

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Wed Jun 30 02:29:57 UTC 2010

I don't remember whether it was in this list or the Kubuntu one where
someone was asking if there was a way to control the brightness of an
Apple LCD monitor.

I was just having a look at Ubuntu 10.10 Alpha1 and noticed in UBUNTU
TWEAK (I installed it myself) that there is, under System>Advanced Power
Management Settings, a slider which controls the brightness of an LCD
monitor when AC power is being used. What I don't know (I didn't try it)
if it works only on laptops or also on desktop monitors - up to whoever
to find out.

BC