mount iso

Verde Denim tdldev at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 01:40:24 UTC 2010

I wanted to build a vm of bt4 on my netbook external drive, but with limited
(3) usb ports and needing two for each of the drive and the external cd/dvd
drives, I am looking into mounting the iso on the local file system to
install into a vitrualbox machine.
Upon downloading the iso, I checked the context menu of the file, and there
is an entry labeled _Open with Archive Mounter_ but selecting this action
doesn't seem to yield the results I was looking for (unless i'm missing
something).
I did find this article -
http://www.ubuntugeek.com/mount-and-unmout-iso-images-without-burning-them.htmlon
mounting through Nautilus, but was wondering -
Has anyone tried these and found them useful?
Am I missing something about the Archive Mounter?

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards
Jack