Change keyboard layout

ubuntu at cgi-net.ch ubuntu at cgi-net.ch
Tue Jun 29 10:13:35 UTC 2010

Dear all,

I'm working on a Linux desktop project within a company.
The requirement from the company is to use ubuntu 10.04 with XFCE as
default Window Manager.

So far everything works fine.
But as soon as a user tries to change the keyboard layout it fails.
I actually works when they use the utility, but it doesn't seem to save
the change (after a reboot or logout/login activity the change is lost)

Is there a way, a normal user (no super-user) can save the change he made
to the keyboard layout?

Thanks and all the best,
Simon