VMWare install

Gary Jarrel garyjarrel at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 04:49:59 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 11:40 AM, Tim Hanson <tjhanson at comcast.net> wrote:
> I just installed VMWare on my Lucid laptop, and Windows 7 on that.  **aside**
>
> How am I going to get Windows 7 within a VMWare virtual machine to find the
> host, my real computer running Lucid?  Look for localhost?

I've played around with VMWare workstation and found the following.

If you have have shared folders set up to your virtual machine you can
usually go to the run menu in Windows 7 and type in \\vmware-host and
it will give you a list of things that you have shared from your linux
to your virtual machine.

Apart from that the default setup is to use NAT for your virtual
machine. So VM Ware should take the packets from your Windows 7 and
route them via your network adapter which connects to the wireless
where it us you are located. I think that in that instance it should
utilize the configuration of your Network Adapter within Linux to surf
the internet, etc within the VM.

Hope that makes some sense! :)

Gary