ubuntu virtualization options when no HW virt support?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Sun Jun 27 11:51:56 UTC 2010

On Sun, 27 Jun 2010, Liam Proven wrote:

... snip ...

> Bear in mind we are replying to a thread started by an OP who does
> not know the difference between QEMU and KVM.

  since i was the OP, i'd like to defend myself to the extent that
it's not that i don't know the difference between QEMU and KVM, i was
just trying to clarify the current ubuntu packaging scheme such that
there is no simple QEMU package anymore -- it's now qemu-kvm,
suggesting that ubuntu now sees the two as inseparable(?).

  and i also wanted to clarify what one could do in terms of
virtualization with, say, stock QEMU, and no HW virt support, that
kind of thing.  it's slowly starting to make sense.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca