Popup for link

Tony Pursell ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Jun 25 22:06:43 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-06-26 at 01:39 +0800, Bill Liao wrote:
> Whenever i selected some text like a link,it pops up..
> for example,in console or some text editors.
>
> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 9:22 PM, Tony Pursell
> <ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
>
>         On Thu, 2010-06-24 at 10:59 +0800, Bill Liao wrote:
>         > In lucid, whenever i select a line of link or some text
>         looks like a
>         > link, there is pop up menu for me to choose applications to
>         open this
>         > link.
>         > Is it possible to turn this off or edit this menu? For i use
>         neither
>         > firefox nor opera...
>         >
>         > --
>         > If the dream is BIG enough,the facts don't count!
>         >

>         Hi Bill
>
>         You don't say where these links are.  Any well behaved
>         application
>         should obey whatever you have in System > Preferences >
>         Preferred
>         Applications.
>
>         Tony
>
>         --

> If the dream is BIG enough,the facts don't count!

Hi Bill

Please do not 'top post' answers. It makes it difficult to see what
answers go with which questions.

I still do not understand what you are getting at.  Please give me an
example of the type of link you are talking about.  What text editors
have this problem - give me a program name. What sort of console - do
you mean a terminal?  I have never seen the behaviour you are talking
about so you need to be very specific in your description.

It may also help if you tell us which version of Ubuntu you are using.

Tony