Brasero wiped out all my files

rbv rajaramanbv at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 19:44:53 UTC 2010

On Saturday 26 June 2010 01:00 AM, Larry wrote:
> On 06/25/2010 02:00 PM, rbv wrote:
>
>> Gentleman
>>
>> i was trying to burn a DVD, using Brasero. when it said it will delete
>> old list or something, in order to load a new project, i clicked ok.
>>
>> Now i find all my stored files, some 24 GBs of them all gone.
>> Moreover, Firefox loads as new, all bookmarks gone.
>>
>> few applications i tried they started as if for the first time.
>>
>> Trash indicates it has four items, but i am not able to empty it.
>>
>> I find four disks at the bottm of the toolbar. i tried clicking them.
>> but nothing happens, trash remains
>>
>> Internet has slowed
>>
>> I am not a technical man. I go by pure tutorials and manuals.
>>
>> Now what could have happened.
>>
>> Please help me step by step.
>>
>> Thank you
>>
>> regards
>>
>> rajaraman bv
>>

> *I would suggest to use K3B for all of your burning CD's or
> DVD's...There must be a quirk in what ever you did using Brasero, you
> are the first person who have ever mentioned anything like that at all...
>
> So like I said please try K3B and you will have no-problems what so ever...
>
> Larry
> *

Thank you gentleman

I will use K3B in future.

I had K3B installed, but funny now it is not in the installed list. A
lot of other applications are also missing from the installed list.

Firefox has become brand new, all the bookmarks, add ons are all missing,

Trash shows it has contents, but i am not able to empty it.

It seems all of them, the stored files etc. been deleted.

Is it possible to format my hard disk and load a new Ubuntu.

Please help me, as this machine has become suddenly very slow, dvd
drive, which was smooth earliar, now has become jerky and halting, when
playing.

Thank you

Regards

rajaramanbv