Can't shutdown or logout

Li Li li2005lilly at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 23:49:17 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-06-24 at 17:37 +0100, Liam Proven wrote:
> Anyone met this one?
>
> My laptop is functioning perfectly, with a desktop spread across its
> internal & an external monitor. (Mint 9, which is to say, Ubuntu
> 10.04. Suspend or hibernate and resume doesn't work but I can live
> with that.)
>
> The only snag is, it completely ignores me when I try to log out or
> shut down. Nothing happens, no error, zero.

I see the same thing with Mint 9, and since I'm frequently re-booting to
play around with the Maverick alpha, it's annoying.  I don't see
anything with top or htop that could be holding the session open either.

Another Mint annoyance: they don't run a listserv, only a forum (hate
hate hate them!).  Have you asked there?  If not, I'll get one of my
mates who has more tolerance for HTML stupidity to ask for us both.

Lilly
godbless --everyone --no-exceptions
Linux 2.6.35-5-generic "Ubuntu maverick (development branch)" Gnome
2.30.2