Easy Way To Upgrade Kernel ?

Jesse Palser slnthero at aol.com
Thu Jun 24 21:40:01 UTC 2010

Easy Way To Upgrade Kernel ?

Hi,

Can someone tell me or provide a link to
an easy method to upgrade the kernel
on my Ubuntu 10.04 Linux 32bit Operating System?

I need to upgrade the kernel to the current Release Candidate
as it provides better support for the 3g modem in my netbook.

Currently running the default Kernel Linux 2.6.32-22-generic
and wish to install newest "v2.6.35-rc3-maverick".

Also is it safe to do this on a computer I use everyday?
And what will happen when the next official kernel is released?
(will v2.6.35-rc3-maverick kernel be replaced by an older official one?)

Thanks!

Jesse