Security concern

Ashley Benton chuaukantli at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 23:30:46 UTC 2010

Hi,

I plugged an external hard drive into Ubuntu 9:10 and it didn't se it. The
hard drive seemed to  be working but Ubuntu didn't see it.
The owner told me that it was fat32 and working with Windows. My question is
why Ubuntu didn't see the hard drive and could the hard drive do something
(download files on the computer, install something or download files from
the computer...)
I checked the kernel log, sys log, debug log, daemon log and user log and
didn't see anything concerning the hard drive.
Thanks

Meg