10.04 desktop RAID 10 install?

Alan McKay alan.mckay at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 18:39:46 UTC 2010

OK, I got it to work with help from a few websites.  Did a combination
of a few things and it boots afterwards and I see what I expect to
see!  I'll document it after I pick up the kids at school and send a
link.

Only one question remains but I'll pose that when I post my summary.

Basically I did this :
- boot live cd
- open shell
- partition each of 4 HDs with
     512MB raid
     2GB swap
     rest of 1TB as RAID
- install mdadm
- use mdadm to make all 4 small partitions into /dev/md0 RAID1
- do same with large partitions to make RAID10
- do an install with manual parititioning.   put /boot on md0 and / on
md1 and add 4 swap partitions
- add mdadm to the install

Done!

More details to follow.