10.04 desktop RAID 10 install?
alan.mckay at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 18:39:46 UTC 2010
OK, I got it to work with help from a few websites. Did a combination
of a few things and it boots afterwards and I see what I expect to
see! I'll document it after I pick up the kids at school and send a
Only one question remains but I'll pose that when I post my summary.
Basically I did this :
- boot live cd
- open shell
- partition each of 4 HDs with
rest of 1TB as RAID
- install mdadm
- use mdadm to make all 4 small partitions into /dev/md0 RAID1
- do same with large partitions to make RAID10
- do an install with manual parititioning. put /boot on md0 and / on
md1 and add 4 swap partitions
- add mdadm to the install
More details to follow.
“Don't eat anything you've ever seen advertised on TV”
- Michael Pollan, author of "In Defense of Food"
More information about the ubuntu-users