Is there a way to change the location of the minimize/maximize Windows in Lucid?

Donkey Hottie donkey at fred.pp.fi
Wed Jun 23 15:48:28 UTC 2010

On 23.6.2010 18:35, Tom H wrote:

>>> What happened to the quotes?
>>
>> As a programmer I happen to know that quotes are not needed when the
>> argument does not contain spaces. The shell or something will remove
>> them anyway. The application (command) will never see the quotes.
>>
>> Quotes are needed if the argument contains white space.
>
> Not just white space but in this case it works because the ":" and ","
> will not be interpreted/misinterpreted by bash.

I see no difference with or without quotes.

$ tee test.c

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
        printf("%s\n\n",argv[1]);
        return 0 ;
}

^D
$ cc test.c .o test
$ ./test abba:babba,gamma
abba:babba,gamma

$ ./test "abba:babba,gamma"
abba:babba,gamma

No Difference. The program outputs its 1st argument as seen.

--
Beware of a dark-haired man with a loud tie.