USB copy problem.

Aristotelis agliak at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 15:33:43 UTC 2010

Hello, i am using ubuntu 10.04 x86_64. I'm having a certain problem
while copying from my internal HDD (ext4) to usb stick (fat32). At first
I get a good speed for the first half of the file (approx. 1.5 GB) and
then it slows down but not significantly or in an annoying way...
The actual problem and my question is that when file transfer window
informs me that 1.5GB/1.5GB have been transfered and 0 seconds remain,
the window remains there for about 30 seconds. I also realized that when
copying multiple files, copying is stalled after each file being copied.
System is fully functional during this time but it seems to me that a
task is being done that won't let me safely remove my usb stick when i
try to.
Any help or information would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!