Is there a way to change the location of the minimize/maximize Windows in Lucid?

Donkey Hottie donkey at fred.pp.fi
Wed Jun 23 15:02:43 UTC 2010

On 23.6.2010 16:10, Mark Widdicombe wrote:
>> Error setting value: Bad key or directory name:
>> ."menu:minimize,maximize,close": Must begin with a slash '/'
>
>> I even tried
>
>> # gconftool-2 --set --type=string /apps/metacity/general/button_layout
>> menu:minimize,maximize,close
>
>> And it does not error, but nothing happens. After a reboot the buttons
>> are still in left.
>
> What happened to the quotes?

As a programmer I happen to know that quotes are not needed when the
argument does not contain spaces. The shell or something will remove
them anyway. The application (command) will never see the quotes.

Quotes are needed if the argument contains white space.

--
An exotic journey in downtown Newark is in your future.