Trying to Update Firefox 3.6.3 on 09.10

Nathan Bahn nathan.bahn at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 13:05:50 UTC 2010

Hello everyone--

So I get a message saying that FF cannot update -- or words to that effect
-- because it does not have the permissions required to access the root
directory.  After doing some looking around, I conclude that I need to set
up an administrative account.  I do so; however, I still get a message
stating that FF doesn't have the necessary permissions *even though I
AM IN*the new just-created administrative account.  So what's going
on?  Why won't
FF3.6.3 update from an administrative account in 09.10?

--N.B.
See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html &
http://www.openoffice.org (Nathan Bahn)