Is there a way to change the location of the minimize/maximize Windows in Lucid?

Donkey Hottie donkey at fred.pp.fi
Wed Jun 23 13:03:15 UTC 2010

On 22.6.2010 18:41, Tom H wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 11:35 AM, Maxime Alarie <malarie at processia.com> wrote:
>> I dont  like having them on the left side of the windows..   Im used to
>> close my windows on the top-right corner…
>
> sudo gconftool-2 --set --type=string ":minimize,maximize,close"
> /apps/metacity/general/button_layout

Error setting value: Bad key or directory name:
"menu:minimize,maximize,close": Must begin with a slash '/'

I even tried

# gconftool-2 --set --type=string /apps/metacity/general/button_layout
menu:minimize,maximize,close

And it does not error, but nothing happens. After a reboot the buttons
are still in left.

--
You worry too much about your job.  Stop it.  You are not paid enough to
worry.