ftpd and sshd?

K V vale.kenny at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 21:22:26 UTC 2010

your Xeon may be x64, especially if it is post 2005, however, 32bit is fine.

If you want the system to store files and act as a host for the students,
then yes, you need both proftpd (or your choice) and ssh (which installs
both openssh(client) and openssh-server(sshd))
ssh is usually installed by default, in my experience.

Peace.