ftpd and sshd?

calcpage at aol.com calcpage at aol.com
Tue Jun 22 20:57:54 UTC 2010

OK, I don't need a mission critical server for my students.  So, I
think that I will set up my new quad-core Xeon box with Ubuntu 10.04
32bit (not server) like I did my students's boxes.

All I have to do is start ftpd and sshd, right?  Do I have to install
vsftpd and openssh-server?

BTW, Xeon is 32bit, really?  I read somewhere that is HP Proliant
server can reach 12 GFlops, but its not 64bit....

Thanx for all your help so far on ubuntu-users, you guys are great!

TIA,
A. Jorge Garcia
http://shadowfaxrant.blogspot.com

Teacher & Professor
Applied Mathematics, Physics & Computer Science
Baldwin Senior High School & Nassau Community College