Windows have no controls or title bar after upgrade from 9.10 to 10.04

R. A. Bilonick rab at consolidated.net
Mon Jun 21 13:49:23 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-06-21 at 04:59 -0500, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 13:42:04 -0400
> "R. A. Bilonick" <rab at consolidated.net> wrote:
>
> > I think it is trying to use the gtk decorator. I installed emerald and
> > the fusion thing, but do not understand how to access it - I don't see
> > it any where.
>
> Menu>System Tools>Compiz Fusion Icon.  It will show up in the menu bar
> as a blue box with an arrow up and right.
> Right click on the icon for a menu.  Try out the options there.
>
> Cybe R. Wizard
> --
> When Windows are opened the bugs come in.
> 	Winduhs

Thanks. I did find the icon. It shows it's using the gtk decorator. I
switched it to emerald and it changed the look (but I don't know what
it's supposed to look like, the title bar is reddish and the buttons are
on the right - but they look plain - a dash, a box, and an x).

Is there any way to re-install? I've tried re-installing related
packages but it made no difference. I mentioned previously that I
created a new account and when I login to that account the window
decorations look as they should for default 10.04. So it's not a
graphics chip issue (plus live cd works normally also).