Ubuntu or ubuntu-server edition?

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Sun Jun 20 12:53:18 UTC 2010

On 06/20/2010 07:22 PM, Freddy Van Ingelgom wrote:
> Hello folks,
> I was wondering, I have to setup a server for a small business (7 users)
> and I would like to setup with Ubuntu 10.04 (64 bit) Why should I use
> the server edition instead of the regular edition with X-server and
> Gnome for example?
> Your ideas on this matter will be highly appreciated.
> Thanks!
> Freddy

Freddy, one important caveat. Most of us here are not on the server
edition. If any of us here set up a 'server'. it is just for mucking
around and may feel unqualified, including myself, to give you
professional advice. While some of us here, not me though, are working
in a server environment, they may feel even more 'challenged' as they
have to abide to a more exacting standard of professionalism.

So, while I hope others may give you their opinions, you must bear in
mind that we are only 'users' here and some may even give you wrong
information. So I hope you handle the responses here, if any,
appropriately.

There are links to the server page where you may find more specific
information.

Good luck - Goh Lip