Why Firefox does google search unwanted? addons, "Ubuntu Firefox Modifications 0.9rc2"? ; jor Ubuntu

Rashkae ubuntu at tigershaunt.com
Sun Jun 20 01:39:31 UTC 2010

giovanni_re wrote:

> I see there is a "show search suggestions" check box, which is checked, on the popup dialog box from clicking on the drop down arrow in the search box near the top of the FF screeen.  What is the "show search suggestions" about?
>
> Could that be what is causing non urls in the url area to do a google search?
>

> ==  Thanks.

wow, I've taken this feature for granted for so long, I never before
realized how odd it is that there is no easy to reach option to
configure/disable this feature.  I guess that's what google gets for the
millions they spent on sponsoring Firefox....

To answer your question, enter "about:config" in your address bar to
enter the advanced firefox configuration settings.  Search for "keyword"
  (in the Filter box) and double click on "keyword.enabled" to change it
to false.  That will disable the search from invalid URL's feature.