TOR and Firefox

ssc1478 ssc1478 at aim.com
Sat Jun 19 23:17:30 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 2:55 PM, Gilles Gravier <ggravier at fsfe.org> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 7:01 PM, ssc1478 <ssc1478 at aim.com> wrote:
>>

> Open Firefox, and an the address bar, type about:config and hit enter. It
> will bring up a registry-style configuration editor. Right-click anywhere on
> the config and select New -> String. It will pop up a dialog box asking your
> for the name. Type network.security.ports.banned.override then hit enter.
> Then, when asked for the value, type the port numbers you wish to access,
> separated by commas, eg. 95,113 and hit enter again.
>
> --
> Gilles Gravier - Gilles at Gravier.org
> Using Google Apps web mail

Thanks!  I didn't know where to start looking!  Interesting, the four
ports listed as banned are the four that are needed by TOR:
8118,8123,9050,9051

I selected to "reset", restarted firefox and was able to get to the
polipo config.  But once I restarted TOR, the entry was put back.  So
I'll head back to TOR's site to try to find out what's going on.

Thanks again!

Phil