4 pages per side when printing pdf files (solved)

Pierre Frenkiel pierre.frenkiel at laposte.net
Fri Jun 18 19:34:01 UTC 2010

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010, NoOp wrote:

> Cool! Now the question is; what setting was made to put it there, and
> why when you checked via System|Admin|Printers it didn't show the
> number-up=4?

   if I put number-up=4 in my ~/.cups/lpoptions, system-config-printer still shows 1 page per side
   if I put number-up=4 in /etc/cups/lpoptions, system-config-printer still shows 1 page per side

   this cups stuff is really inconsistent, because number-up=4 in lpoptions actually gives
   4-up printout !

   if I set number-up=4 from system-config-printer, this option is put not in lpoptions,
   but in /etc/cups/printer.conf, with the line:
     Option number-up 4

   This looks like a bug in system-config-printer. I think I'll submit it.

--
Pierre Frenkiel