upgrade and now comiz issues

stan stanb at panix.com
Fri Jun 18 14:35:58 UTC 2010

I just upgraded a machine to 10.04. Now when I login, I get a xterm in the
upper left hand corner with no decoration. I need to run "nohup compiz
-replace" in that window, then I have a working window manager.

Yhis machine has been upgraded several time over it's lifespan, and I
started using compiz on it quite some time agao.

As I recall. at that time, I did the compiz replace thing, and from then on
it became the window manager for this user on this machine. Could that be
part of the issue?

How cna I troubleshoot this?