ssh can not login

K V vale.kenny at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 14:01:05 UTC 2010

In terminal on the destination machine:
sudo apt-get install nmap
sudo nmap localhost
- You should see port 22 open  if yes.. then...
still in 'destination' machine, ssh 127.0.0.1
if you get a question requiring a Yes or No answer, you're in... then go to
the system from which you will be sshing and try
ssh <ipaddy of destination machine>
If you do not get a logon prompt or the question about security (same on you
got earlier) something is preventing your connection, probably a firewall or
gateway.

Good luck.
Peace